Business Development Manager
Many Nations is a brokerage specializing in providing group life and health benefits and pension plans to First Nations and Indigenous organizations and individuals throughout Canada. Clients are served by our network of brokers located from “sea to sea to sea”, and by our Customer Service Representatives located in Saskatoon, SK.
Many Nations is a dynamic, vibrant organization that continues to evolve to provide the most up-to-date employee benefit solutions available. Our mission statement is “to assist our customers and members in achieving the best possible culturally appropriate solutions for their needs in pensions, employee benefits, insurance, retirement planning and risk management”.
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of “Business Development Manager”.
- Develop strong working relationships with our network of independent brokers and plan, organize and implement a strategy to recruit new brokers to represent Many Nations
- Develop a sound understanding of independent brokers’ business models and customer base to provide them with the support and advice to further develop their business
- Plan, organize and implement a strategy for increasing the customer base of MNFS and current customer satisfaction and retention
- Oversee the development, implementation, monitoring and delivery of all insurance products and services offered by Many Nations to its customers to ensure that such products and services are administered in a way that meets our goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with all insurance carriers and other agencies who activities may impact the operations of MNFS and/or MNBC
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and specialized needs
- Understand the company’s goals and purpose so it will continue to enhance the company’s performance
- Represent the company at conferences, trade shows and customer presentations
- Develop a business development strategy and budget and manage the company’s business development within approved budget limits
- Extensive travel, often to remote locations, is required
- Education –Bachelor’s Degree and 3 – 5 years of sales or marketing experience
- Must be knowledgeable in the insurance industry
- Must hold or obtain Life, Accident and Sickness license in each province across Canada
Other skills and qualifications
- Networking, persuasion, prospecting, public speaking, research, writing, closing skills, motivation for sales, prospecting skills, sales planning, identification of customer needs and challenges, market knowledge, meeting sales goals, professionalism
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of the insurance industry
- Proven experience in obtaining sales growth
- Strong customer service orientation and problem solving disposition
- Working knowledge of carrier and office software
- Capacity to function as an effective coach in a team environment most specific to the sales force in the field
- Demonstrated high standards of professional commitment, business judgment, personal integrity and respect
- High energy level and a capacity to work effectively in stressful situations
- Diligent, conscientious work habits
- Ability to manage details
- Ability to problem solve
- Exemplary organization and time management skills
- Excellent team building and team playing skills: An appreciation and sensitivity to the diversity of opinions, skills and talents of others
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org