Current Job Opportunities
Many Nations Financial Services Ltd.
A Subsidiary of Many Nations Co-operative Ltd.
Senior Group Benefit Analyst
Permanent, Full time
We offer a total rewards package including competitive salary, pension and benefits.
As a Senior Group Benefit Analyst you will have an understanding of underwriting issues including philosophy and manual and experience rating methodology.
You will have superior analytical and communication skills as you will strategize and negotiate plan design, prices, rate guarantees, rate increases, and communicate them to stakeholders.
You will remain up to date on industry trends, provincial drug plans, legislative updates and NIHB.
You will build and maintain trusting relationships with brokers, service representatives and suppliers.
Underwriting or CEBS designation or post-secondary education in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, Statistics, Math or Actuarial or a combination of education and experience.
3 - 5 years in an Analyst or Underwriting position.
Duties & Responsibilities
Renewal Reports (performed annually)
- Analyze data and negotiate rates with carriers
- Review plan design and recommend cost containment measures and/or enhancements
- Prepare reports
Block Product Renewal
- Complex spreadsheets must be maintained and updated
- Monitor and update group rates and rate guarantees
- Take lead on coordinating and prepare renewal letters including the preparation of letter content information such as writing the letter, graphs, analytic data, trends, etc.
Complete Market Quotes
- Collect information ensuring completeness of all information
- Prepare specifications that reflect plan design, claims experience, rate structure and submit to the carriers
- Review and negotiate quotes and discuss with advisor
- Prepare final report with recommendations including analysis, services, claims management details and product recommendations
- Handle client inquiries
- Plan changes, amendments, provide cost containment strategies
- Coordinate with advisor
- Review group paperwork for completion
- Coordinate with insurance carrier to set-up
- Review booklets and contracts to ensure accuracy of plan design
Quarterly Experience Reports
- Request and compile information from insurance carrier
- Prepare spreadsheet with premiums and claims broken down by benefit
- Prepare explanation letter explaining the current position of the plan
- Research product information such as Insurance carrier changes, industry changes
- Maintain renewal, market survey, correspondence and contract files
- Maintain renewal listing/update renewal information
- Update renewal reports and market surveys to reflect industry changes, corporate standards, new product offerings
- Attend various information seminars held by Insurance Carriers and CPBI