Permanent, Full time
Overview of Position Description
Consistent with the sales and service team, this position is responsible for providing support and direction to the benefit analyst team. This includes preparation of renewal reports, market surveys, group setup, policy revisions, quarterly experience reports and administration duties as well as keeping abreast of all industry changes and research and providing recommendations.
Education – One of the following:
- Diploma or Certificate in Data Entry, Group Insurance, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Completion of high school in combination with Group Insurance experience.
- CEBS or GBA insurance designation would be an asset.
Profile Requirements - Detail-oriented, well organized with ability to prioritize, committed to accuracy, knowledge of group insurance plans is an asset, ability to problem solve, excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytically oriented, ability to multi-task, ability to work in fast paced environment
Duties & Responsibilities
- Completion of Market Request Documentation
- Collect information from Sales Consultant ensuring completeness of all information
- Prepare specifications that reflect plan design, claims experience, rate structure
- Prepare detailed proposal outlining plan design, plan deviations, cost comparison service features, claims management details and product recommendations
- Obtain Documentation and Preparation for Renewal Reporting (performed annually)
- Compile experience summary reports, billing statements in preparation for experience analysis
- Data input into assessment tools to help analyze rate actions
- Review plan designs and prepare renewal documentation for Analyst
- Update Renewal Information tracking spreadsheet and paperless filing system
- Policy Revisions
- Work with Analyst team to initiate plan changes, amendments in providing cost containment strategies
- Review and implementation of Insurer initiated policy changes
- Traditional Group Setup
- Review Master Application with Sales/Service Representative
- Coordinate with insurance carrier to set up completion of booklets, contracts, wallet cards
- Review booklets and contracts to ensure accuracy of plan design
- Review billing statements for accuracy
- Update Analyst & Paperless filing system.
- Quarterly Experience Reports
- Request and compile information from insurance carrier
- Prepare spreadsheet with premiums and claims broken down by benefit
- Block Product Renewal
- Gather data to prepare proposed rate actions
- Monitor and update groups with special rates and rate guarantees
- Assist in preparation of renewal letter/renewal comparison packages
- Admin Duties
- Research product information such as Insurance carrier changes, industry changes
- Maintain renewal correspondence and contract files
- Maintain renewal listing/update renewal information
- Update renewal reports and market surveys to reflect industry changes, corporate standards, new product offerings
- Attend various information seminars held by Insurance Carriers and CPBI
Please send your cover letter and resume to Gail Davison, VP of Operations: email@example.com