August 5, 2022
Benefits of a Co-operative
Many Nations exists exclusively for the social and economic benefit of its clients and member-owners.
Why a Co-operative?
Many Nations is co-operative owned and democratically controlled by the organizations that use our services. Our client-owners benefit in three main ways from the co-operative:
We’re controlled by the member organizations that use our products and services. People control the organization, not money; each member has an equal voice. We listen to our members carefully and all members have the option of participating in our democratic governance equally.
As we profit, so do our members. Profits are distributed to members, in the form of patronage dividends, based on the relative share of business they bring in to the co-operative.
We are community-based organizations that care about our members’ needs and the quality of life in their communities. As a co-op, we successfully compete in the marketplace without abandoning the values and principles that set us apart from other business models. In other words, we take care of each other.
Co-ops provide consumers with a distinct values-based, community-owned and controlled alternative. Unlike the private, public, or voluntary sectors co-operatives are guided by seven principles:
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Member economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, training, and information
- Co-operation among co-operatives
- Concern for Community
Co-operative Business Model
A True Indigenous Partnership
- Owned by you and working for you - Indigenous employers are central to our business model.
- 100% Indigenous board with regional representation to ensure that you have a voice.
- Leverage collective strength to build bridges between clients, advisors and suppliers.
- We support you and your advisor ensuring you get the best combination of products and services delivered by expert staff.
- Co-operative focus on training and education.